To help reduce potential damage caused over the course of the winter, here are some tips to follow
- Always try to remove snow and ice as soon as possible from your concrete to avoid effects from freeze/thaw cycles of Northeast Ohio.
- Use sand whenever possible instead of deicing chemicals if you need traction on an icy concrete surface. Sand has no adverse effects to concrete.
- Whenever having new concrete installed, request that a protective sealer to applied to the concrete to protect it. This will help reduce moisture and deicing salt penetration, and prevent your concrete from getting stained.
- Avoid using any type of deicer the first winter after your concrete surface is installed. After that use deicers sparingly if necessary.
- Never use deicers that contain ammonium sulfate or ammonium nitrate, since they will deteriorate the surface of the concrete
- For questions about your concrete during winter months, please contact a reputable concrete contractor.
Are you ready for an estimate or more concrete repair info? Call DiFranco Contractors Inc at (440) 946-2029!